What is School Council?
It all starts with a campaign when all children are encouraged to give it a go and many create posters, stickers and election badges as part of their campaigns.
Each class elects a boy and girl representative by casting votes. The successful candidates are sworn in to their new roles during a special collective worship, receiving their shiny new badge.
They then attend regular meetings with a member of staff to discuss exciting projects, share ideas and solve problems. It is their role to be the voice of all their classmates so we can all work together to create an even better school.
What are the aims of school council?
- To make sure that our school is a happy safe place for everyone.
- To make sure all suggestions or concerns are listened to and passed on to the right people.
- To be role models for all the children in classroom and on the playground.
- To make sure all the children in the school can have a place to voice their ideas.
- To have fun working in a team and learn some important leadership skills.